Thank you for your interest in the Virginia Beach Bar Association . We are a voluntary bar comprised of over 500 attorneys. We invite all eligible attorneys practicing in and around Virginia Beach to join the VBBA.
Benefits of Membership
The VBBA provides the following benefits to its members:
- Publication and distribution of a bi-monthly newsletter reporting matters of interest to attorneys practicing in and around Virginia Beach .
- A secure online membership directory that contains contact and practice information about participating VBBA members.
- Workrooms and telephones for members on the 2nd and 3rd floors of the Virginia Beach Courthouse and in Juvenile and Domestic Relations Court.
- The VBBA office adjacent to the Wahab Law Library in the basement of the Court Services Building (10B) also provides phone and fax facilities.
- Four CLE’s are provided annually at no charge to members.
- Opportunities for pro bono participation in both the CLASS and Tutorial Programs of the VBBA along with an active Mentor program .
- Opportunities to participate on a VBBA committee , including Court Liaison Committees, Young Lawyers, Pro Bono and Medical Legal, are available and members are encouraged to participate in those of interest to them.
- The Annual Holiday Party is included in the dues and is always a good opportunity to renew acquaintances and meet new colleagues.
- An invitation to t he Annual Banquet , an evening of oceanfront dining and dancing, is always a grand affair. While there is a charge for the banquet, membership fees of the association defray much of the cost of this event.
Please feel free to contact the Executive Director of the VBBA at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about membership benefits and programs.
The following types of membership are available to those interested in the VBBA:
- REGULAR membership. Only Regular members may vote in the elective proceedings held by the VBBA.
- HONORARY membership is afforded Judges within the Virginia Beach Court System and those who move on to the higher courts. Occasionally the Executive Board will grant Honorary Membership status to others upon retirement from active practice.
$230 annually for both Regular and Associate members and are due the first of the year.