United States District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
Click below for General Order No 2020-9 entered by Chief Judge Davis. The General Order outlines procedures to utilize video conferencing, or teleconferencing, if video conferencing is not reasonably available.
Supreme Court of Virginia Order Extending Declaration of Judicial Emergency in response to COVID-19 Emergency
Virginia Supreme Court issues an Order declaring a Judicial Emergency
Court of Appeals of Virginia
Virginia Beach Circuit Court
3/30/20: The Probate department of the Virginia Beach Clerk’s Office will not be taking appointments until after May 4, 2020, due to Judicial Emergency Declaration of the Supreme Court of Virginia. The afore date is subject to change with this fluid situation.
3/25/20 Bond Appeal Cutoffs: Per Court directive, it is hereby ADJUDGED and ORDERED that 11:00 is the cut off time for scheduling bond appeals. Any requests after 11:00 shall be placed on next day docket.
3/23/20 COVID-19 Changes for the Virginia Beach Circuit Court Clerk’s Office: The drop boxes for criminal filings, civil filings, and land record recordings will still be on the steps in front of Building 10B, but they will be there from 8:15 am until 2:00 pm, Monday through Friday, as we continue to work with a limited staff. We will continue to serve the public the best way we can, and our phone numbers still remain on the website. I truly appreciate everyone being patient through this very unprecedented and complex time.
The Honorable Tina E. Sinnen, Clerk of Court
Virginia Beach General District Court
3/24/20 Amended Closure Order: The Court’s Closure Order has been amended to clarify that garnishment exemptions and joint account summons may be filed during the closure and those matters will be heard at 2:00 p.m. in Traffic Courtroom D. The Clerk of the Court will be contacting the parties to obtain available dates for any such motions that are filed. The Honorable Daniel R. Lahne, Chief Judge
Virginia Beach Juvenile & Domestic Relations Court
While the Virginia Beach Juvenile and Domestic Relations District Court is under the Supreme Court of Virginia’s Order Declaring a Judicial Emergency in Response to COVID-19 Emergency and the JDRC Chief Judge’s Emergency Order of March 16, 2020, attorneys may email any documents that need to be filed to firstname.lastname@example.org. We request that you only use this email address for cases to be heard during this emergency time period and any other documents wait to be filed until after the Orders have expired using the normal filing procedures. We sincerely appreciate your patience during this time.
Guidance to all JDR Practitioners and Parties from Clerk of Court, Ms. Amy Burnham
- Counsel may use our email address (email@example.com) while we are under the Judicial Emergency Order. We are trying to respond quickly, but it might take us until the next day to respond. If they do email us, please do not fax the same item. This just causes duplicate work.
- We are processing mail.
- We are processing LOAs.
- We are processing consent/agreed orders; these are encouraged to be sent as soon as endorsed.
- We are still finalizing the continuance plan for custody/visitation and adult criminal cases, but the other cases (with exception to Protective Orders) will be continued to the first available court date after May 1. We have time on these dockets, so court dates shouldn’t be continued too far out.
- It will take us a little longer to process to everything over the next few weeks. If they have any specific concerns, they can contact me (email is best)or any supervisor.
- Thank you all for being patient with us! I really appreciate their flexibility as we figure this all out.
Norfolk General District Court